Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rsponse to "Alameda High"

Going through Google Reader to look into what students in Mr. Sutherland are writing about, one caught my attention. This blog post belonged to Andy Lau and it was mainly about his desires to attend Alameda High School:
'I also wish to attend Alameda High because they have a bigger population. At ASTI, I see the same people every day and we all have like the exact same classes. In the beginning of freshman year I thought it was fine, but now it has become really dull and boring. When I was in middle school, my school had a big population. Every class would be with different students. With my experiences from attending big and small schools, I can conclude that I like bigger schools because you see a variety of students in different classes instead of the same students in different classes."
Currently, I feel like I am in the same place as Andy right now. ASTI is a relatively small school compared to other high schools such as Encinal High or Alameda High. Actually, its REALLY small compared to other high schools. It's so small that the whole campus is composed of only six portables!

As a freshman, I was ok with these conditions and I thought that I would accustom fairly well, even though I was coming from a middle school that was at least twenty times this size. As freshman year flowed by, everything went pretty well and I did become accustomed to ASTI's weird ways. But somehow, all this sort of changed for me sophomore year.

As I began to see the same people more and more and going through the same procedures in each class the same ways we did last year, it started to get tiring. I can barely find myself listening and attentive in any of my classes anymore. Last year, I was continually added my opinions and always raising my hand to the class. Now, every time you look my direction in class, you'll find me in hibernation mode looking for a quick snooze. I was also always putting in a lot of effort in my work, adding a lot of in depth work and creativity last year, always finding hidden meanings in literature and adding unique viewpoints. But this year, all my answers have become straight forward to the point, never going past just the "answer" to the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment